Our Flower & Gift Shop
We are proud to do our part in honoring our country's veterans, and giving back to those whose sacrifice and patriotism define our great nation. Our duty is to provide you and your family with professional and dignified assistance during your time of need and to support you in honoring your family member for their dedication and selfless service.
We would be honored to help you make arrangements for any combination of traditional military tributes.
Traditional Military Honors
Military funerals can include:
- Town Flag at Half-Staff the day of the veterans funeral.
- Flag Presentation Service by officers and members of the military.
Full honor military funerals include all standard honors in addition to the following:
- Depending on their rank, general officers and flag officers receive an 16 gun salute.
- The US flag draped over the casket, folded by the military and given to the next of kin following the service.
- The playing of Taps.
Other Veteran Benefits
In addition to coordinating honors related to the service itself, we can help you communicate with the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to arrange for:
- A Presidential Memorial Certificate. This is a certificate expressing the nation's recognition of the veteran's service. The veteran's name is inscribed, and the certificate bears the signature of the president. Certificates are issued in the name of honorably discharged, deceased veterans. Contact us for assistance in applying for a Presidential Memorial Certificate, and we would be happy to guide you through the process.
- Headstones or Markers. The VA provides headstones and markers for the graves of veterans anywhere in the world and for eligible dependents of veterans buried in national, state veteran or military cemeteries.
- Memorial Plots. If an eligible veteran's remains are not available for burial, the VA will provide a plot and headstone or marker in a national cemetery for memorialization. If you wish to place the memorial in a cemetery other than a national cemetery, the VA will provide the headstone or marker but not the plot itself.
- Burial in a VA National Cemetery. This includes the gravesite, opening and closing of the grave,a grave box, and perpetual care.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses. For information on eligibility and the different levels of potential reimbursement, please review their Guide to VA Burial Allowances.
Please visit the following links for detailed information about the options available for honoring service members and other aspects of military funerals:
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. Click on Veteran Services and look underneath the Burials & Memorials heading.
- Veterans' Funeral and Burial Benefits. Helpful information from Funeral Consumers Alliance.
- Honoring Those Who Served. An explanation of the various types of honors available for military funerals.